Sample This: Daikatana (PC)

I decided to give Daikatana a try mostly because a fellow YouTuber, who I respect a lot did an entire "Lets Play" series of this game called "I Love Daikatana." That YouTuber is Elbryan42, and he's been on this site for as long as I can remember. His name is Rob, and he's a really good guy. He hasn't uploaded for a few years now, I hope you're still around, and doing well Rob. 
 
 Check out his Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/elbryan42 He does amazing playthroughs of games, 100 percent runs, and always has. I'm talking very methodical, thorough, immaculate runs of each game he has in the playlists. 
 
Now on to Daikatana: I've been playing this game off and one for about a month, and only just recently was able to beat the bridge scene. I haven't even been able to make it to the infamous A.I. controlled teammates as of yet. The swamp level, though it has grown on me a little, is definitely a weak starting point of the game. 
 
That being said, I have still found myself enjoying parts of the game already. I am ready to get past the opening scene, and see more of what the game has to offer. I've heard the advise is to put in cheats, and skip to the second episode, which is the most enjoyable episode from what I've read, but I'm going to play this legit the first time. 
 
I'm also going to put off downloading the fam-made 1.3 patch which fixes a lot of bugs in the game. I'll play it legit the first time through, and then explore the patch later on. Those of you who have played this game, what do you think of it? Do you think it's over-hyped garbage, do you think, "Meh, it's alright," or do you too love Daikatana? 
 
 John Romero should open a sandwich shop, and advertise it with "John Romero is About to Make You a Sandwich!"

Comments